Thursday 8 March 2012

Long Time No Blog...

 I am so sorry for my lack of effort on my blog recently, it has been over a month since my last blog post and I feel as if I have abandoned it... Sorry!


I took a break as I did't have much inspiration but recently for my GCSE's I have been studying an artist of my choice. I chose Amedeo Modigliani, I love his work and decided to do a post on it.
On the left picture and below you can see that I tried to copy some of his work and am really inspired.
 I haven't really talked about my passion for art before but I thought this would be something different and fun for some of you to look at. If you have any requests for blog posts please comment!



For most of my art I really like to use pencil and shading but because of this artist I have been using watercolours as well as acrylic paints, which I am not crazy about but I thought I would give them a try for the sake of the project. The project my class have been given is to use contrast in our work incorporating 2 chosen artists, I have not yet chosen my second artist but if any of you have any ideas I would be grateful for you to give me some ideas.



Below is a picture I drew using chalk, this was for another project incorporating Georgia O'Keeffe, honestly I am not a fan of drawing flowers or of O'Keeffe work as flowers are possibly the most boring and unoriginal  drawings/ paintings ever. 



Sorry for this long, possibly uninteresting blog post but I thought it would be something different, I am going to be doing more blog posts from now on so please bare with me! 
Thanks for reading and have a great day.





2 comments:

  1. Your artwork looks amaaazing! I hated GCSE art though as I just enjoyed painting/drawing...not the whole load of research you had to do with it which was what they marked you on. It's great that you're so inspired :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! and yeah I enjoy just doing the drawing but when we have to do the research it is sooooo boring haha! Thankyou for reading my post!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog! It really makes my day and i really appreciate it :)

PLEASE NOTE: I love looking for new blogs to follow so if you leave a comment, i will definitely check out your blog. There is no need to leave a link though (i can just click on your name.) Please please don't force your blog upon me though as nobody likes that. I hope you understand and thank you so much xoxo